British Berkefeld HFK Gravity Filter System (W9340100) Complete With 2 x 7" UltraSterasyl™ (Heavy Metal Reduction) Water Filters
British Berkefeld HFK Gravity Water Filter System Ref: W9340100
Comes with ATC Super Sterasyl Heavy Metal Reduction Ceramic Water Filter Cartridges
The Doulton HFK Gravity Water Filter System is purposely designed for situations in which a safe and reliable source of drinkable water is not available.
This makes the HFK Gravity Water Filter System ideal for outdoor travelers, hikers, expeditions, missionaries and so on.
Due to their effectiveness at eliminating water-born diseases such as cholera and typhoid, they are also being specified for field operations by many of the worlds major aid and emergency relief organizations as well as the US Military.
The Doulton HFK Gravity Water Filter System is made from high quality BPA Free, food grade, polypropylene. It is lightweight, durable and easy to clean.
The systems comes complete and ready to use, including 2 Doulton® UltraSterasyl™ (formerly ATC SuperSterasyl™) 7 inch filtration elements (self-sterilizing ceramic candle elements) and a tap.
- British Berkefeld HFK gravity water filter ideal for camping, emergency situations, rented properties and everyday use.
- For use on municipal or natural water supplies.
- Saves you money on expensive bottled water.
- Up to 16 litres of reliable drinking water on tap wherever you are.
- Filters out: Pathogenic Bacteria (cholera, typhoid, salmonella, E-coli, etc.) Giardia, Cryptosporidium and other parasites, Chlorine, Organics and all types of particle contamination down to 0.5 micron and heavy metals (When fitted with Doulton UltraSterasyl™ candles).
- Portable, lightweight, high capacity filter. Easy to use. Simple to maintain.
- Pour untreated water in the top. Get filtered water from the tap. No power supply required. Supplied with 2 UltraSterasyl™ (formerly ATC SuperSterasyl™) filter candles.
This HFK System is supplied with 2 x UltraSterasyl™ (formerly ATC SuperSterasyl™) candles which are 7 inches long, 2 inches in diameter, with a long mount and a wing nut.
For ease of transport, the upper chamber fits into the lower chamber to save space.
The capacity of the lower chamber is (16 litres).
Ceramic filter candles can be cleaned to extend life.
UltraSterasyl™ Heavy Metal Reduction Water Filters for Britsh Berkefeld Gravity Water Filter Systems
The Heavy Metal filter will remove all heavy metals but with a higher specification for lead. This means that lead takes priority and if there is only a small amount of lead it will also remove other heavy metals.
The Gravity Water filter candles should be replaced every six months.
- Portable, lightweight, high capacity filter.
- Easy to use. Simple to maintain.
- Pour untreated water in the top. Get filtered water from the tap. No power supply required.
- 2 candles = 40 litres filtered per 24 hours.
British Berkefeld HFK Gravity Filter System (W9340100)
Complete With 2 x 7" UltraSterasyl™ (Heavy Metal Reduction) Water Filters
The Doulton HFK model holds 16 Litres of filtered water. The height of each box is 32.5cm tall, 32cm in wide and 42cm deep. The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport. This system can hold up to 2 ceramic filters.
The Doulton HFK is easy to use. The water you would like to filter is poured in the top chamber where the ceramic filters are installed. Gravity pushes the water through the filters and clean water is stored in the bottom chamber. If kept topped up, this system can filter approximately 40 litres (8.8 gallons) per 24 hrs with the 2 candles fitted.
Doulton Ceramic Filters have been manufactured in England since 1827. The outer ceramic Sterasyl shell is made of diatomaceous earth with silver incorporated into the ceramic structure to prevent bacterial grow through and makes the filter self-sterilizing. Underneath the ceramic shell is granular activated carbon to reduce chlorine, organics, VOC's, and remove foul tastes and odors. Ceramic filters can be cleaned when the flow rate starts to slow down by using a scotch brite pad or brush under running water.
Height: 222 mm (excluding lid)
Depth: 344 mm (excluding vino tap)
Doulton 7" UltraSterasyl™ (formerly ATC SuperSterasyl™) Ceramic Filter Performance:
Working Temperature Range: 5°C - 30°C
Working pH Range: 5.5 - 9.5
Recommended Change Frequency: 6 Months
Capacity Before Change: 1500 Litres / 400 US Gallons
Flow Rate: 1.2 L/pm under gravity
Filtration rating: 0.9 Micron absolute.
Lead Reduction >94% under gravity
99.99% removal of bacteria (E Coli, Cholera, Shigella, Typhoid, Klebsiella Terrigena.
99.99% removal of cysts (Cryptosporidium, Giardia).
Chlorine reduction >95%
Organics reduction >95%
Turbidity reduction >98%
Cleanable for prolonged life.
Silver-impregnated to prevent mitosis.
|Product Name||British Berkefeld HFK Gravity Filter System (W9340100) Complete With 2 x 7" UltraSterasyl™ (Heavy Metal Reduction) Water Filters|
|Expected Lifespan||6 Months|